Call for Applications – Arshi Pipa Best Graduate Student Paper Award
Graduate students are invited to participate in the Arshi Pipa Best Graduate Student Paper Award Competition sponsored by the Society for Albanian Studies (SAS). Albanian Studies is broadly defined to include original work that furthers our understanding of Albanian societies across geo-political borders, time periods, and disciplinary confines. The Arshi Pipa Best Graduate Student Paper Award shall recognize significant and important original research made by a Graduate Student Member that advances the field of Albanian Studies regardless of academic discipline as well as the student's prospects for ongoing future contributions to Albanian Studies. Nominations for the Best Graduate Student Paper Award must be made to the SAS Graduate Essay Prize Committee. Please email a copy of paper to the committee by August 31, 2023:
Graduate Essay Prize Committee:
- Kailey Rocker, Lawrence University,
- Pellumb Kelmendi, Auburn University,
- Julia Nietsch, Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, EHESS Paris (School of Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences),
- The author of the paper must be a Graduate Student Member of the SASat the time of nomination.
- The paper must have been written and completed no more than two years before the paper’s nomination, and must be in English. Published articles and unpublished papers are considered eligible.
- Graduate student papers that have been co-authored with professors are not eligible.
- Papers from any academic discipline in the social sciences and humanities are accepted, insofar as they make a contribution to Albanian Studies, broadly defined.
- The deadline for nominations is August 31, 2023.
- To complete the nomination, e-mail a copy of the nominated paper (in MS Word or PDF format) to the committee.
- Nominations can be made by any member in good standing and self-nominations shall also be accepted.
- The Graduate Essay Prize Committee will make the selection and notify the recipient of the award by the end of October, 2023.
The Award will be formally presented at the Annual Convention of the Association for Slavic, East European & Eurasian Studies (ASEEES) in 2023.
The Graduate Student Paper Award shall be accompanied by a 200 USD monetary reward.
The awardee shall receive a Certificate from SAS, along with recognition on the SAS website.
Any questions about the prize or the application process can be addressed to the Graduate Essay Prize Committee.